Tuesday, June 11, 2013

updated boundaries

a couple months ago, i prayerfully and fasting fully, created some boundaries for myself particularly concerning the relationship i was in.

i believe that those boundaries need to be revised.  i had the impression the other day that i need to sit down and reconsider what my boundaries need to be as i date again.

i feel like things are very different this time around.  i've learned new things since being with p. and i have grown a lot.  i think i will have a much different approach to dating now and definitely a different mind frame.

i want to date again in the healthiest way possible.
i want to do it right.
i want to find an exceptional man that will push me to be better everyday, that will walk by my side always and will help me bring our family to the celestial kingdom.
i need to be dating the best of men
to marry the best one.

so heres a rough draft….

Boundaries:

I will:
-work full time until i have babies
-consistently budget to contribute to getting out of debt
-prayerfully seek to fulfill and magnify my calling
-try to express love to as many people as possible, as often as possible
-attend the temple weekly
-do something i love every day.
-pray when i feel sad.
-cook more at home, and eat out less than 3 x wk
-get 8 hrs of sleep every night
-try to improve my weaknesses
-read my patriarchal blessing at least once a month
-run 13.1 miles in august
-try to fulfill my mission statement (overcome the natural man. create synergy. inspire belief.)
-put my garments on asap after workouts
-give out a book of mormon to someone this summer
-try to make more friends
-read the scriptures and STUDY them daily
-be open about sharing my testimony and the gospel with others
-say yes to first dates
-call my grammie at least on sundays
-only pursue second dates with men that could possibly fall under my top 5 non negotiables (love for God and sharing the gospel, wants a family and children in the near future, strong communicator, no temper, respectful-to me, to other women, to the waiter, to everyone)
-bear testimony of and be open about the 12 step program of the church in hopes to help someone
-strive to be compassionate. forgiving. and non judgmental.
-stand up for myself, for the innocent, and for womanhood
-be better than OK

I will not:
-watch rated R movies
-spend the night with boys
-let myself sit in self pity
-stop running
-make excuses not to go to ward events, dates, dancing, etc
-date men that aren't living a lifestyle worthy to be in the temple
-let satan win
-allow others to manipulate me
-stop living the gospel and commandments ever
-speak poorly about p. to others
-stay in a relationship where i am cussed at, yelled at, or abused physically or emotionally.
-settle
-stop pursuing who i want to become
-try to finish peoples sentences
-marry someone that isnt spiritually at a similar or better spot than i am
-marry someone that doesnt understand the law of chastity
-stay in relationships with men that can't open the door or openly talk
-stop doing the things i love for a boy
-allow anyone to disrespect me by not honoring my boundaries
-give up. on myself. my dreams. on God.












3 comments: