Thursday, April 4, 2013

how this blog got its name

when i first learned the truth of p.'s addiction, i dove in head first into recovery material and arp meetings and prayer.  at some point in february, i stumbled across this scripture:

"And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless be of good cheer, for I will lead you along.
The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours."

I understood that i could not bear all things now.  but i had no idea how to be of good cheer. i was destroyed and i felt validated in my feelings of pity and pain.

but i had HOPE that i could somehow become cheerful and be happy again.

and that is what prompted me to title my blog so.


*the url for this blog:  I stared at the computer for some time when i was deciding on it.  i didn't really care what it was, i just wanted/needed to write!
finally i decided to call it " and he wept " for two reasons.
1. the very first time p. and i went to an arp meeting we got into the car and i was nervous that he would be angry and say he never wanted to go back.  we drove around a little.  i talked about how my meeting went. and then i asked how it was for him.
he wept.
he told me he knew that was exactly where he needed to be and exactly the help he always wanted.
the Spirit overwhelmed me.
and my heart filled with so much love for him in that moment.

2. i often imagine Heavenly Father and Christ, weeping along with me (and along with the sisters in group).  they know me and feel for me and love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment