Friday, May 10, 2013

And thus it is

When i was investigating the church, i was 17 and going through a really hard time. Perhaps one day ill write about that experience more detailed. In short, i had a normal, healthy older brother of 24 yrs get strep throat severely enough that he stopped breathing and suffered massive brain damage. He has been in a vegetated state for 9 years.
During those beginning months of learning of the gospel and addressing my grief and pain, i came across this scripture... It became my rock. My hope. It fueled my faith and kept me going.
I believe it can do so for aiding in my recovery now as well.

6 But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen. (Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi, Chapter 9)

I love my God. I do love him so much.


1 comment:

  1. beautiful picture, beautiful scripture. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete