Thursday, May 30, 2013

caught up.

"So often  we get caught up in the illusion that there is something just beyond our reach that would bring us happiness: a better family situation, a better financial situation, or the end of a challenging trial."     — Dieter F. Uchtdorf



do you have the latter-day words of wisdom app??
it just refreshes with random modern day scriptures each time you open it.
i love it.


this is what i read today.
does anyone else beg for the quote to go on???
yes to all of those things!
story of my life right now.

i've been caught up.
a lot of stress and anxiety going on.
and p. has been so good to me the past couple of weeks helping me through.

my 3 jobs are causing me stress.  i absolutely physically shake with stress and anger about 1 of my boss's.  i don't have time to really fulfill my calling the way i would like to. i have no money for p. and i to get married. i have debt to try to tackle for the next x amount of years. i don't have enough time to train as much as i should for my half marathon.  and most of all—i haven't devoted much time to my meditation, my recovery, REAL scripture study.  and its really hurting me.

i need to regroup.
make some changes.
maybe quit my job?
maybe outline my goals.
it's time to hit the refresh button for me.

for the first time in a long time, i sat in the temple today and struggled to feel inspiration.
i cried in prayer to be humbled.  my mind was bitter toward the boss.
anxiety ruled me.
and it made it really hard to feel the Spirit.
even in the temple.
finally by the end, i felt a prompting that i need a blessing.  today.
im grateful p. will be able to give me that blessing tonight.

life is good.
living the gospel is so worth it.
i love my Savior.
i love the chance i have to live on the earth with MY body and to grow and learn.
i pray for each of you that reads. that you may feel God's love.
that his Spirit may wrap you up, and fill you.


2 comments:

  1. The quote you listed comes from his talk "Of Regrets and Resolutions" from October 2012 Conference. The quote does continue..

    "The older we get, the more we look back and realize that external circumstances don’t really matter or determine our happiness.

    We do matter. We determine our happiness.

    You and I are ultimately in charge of our own happiness."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same spot:) Just trust in the Lord and you will know what to do. It is helping me to ask Heavenly Father each morning what his will is for me for the day and staying focused on receiving guidance. One scripture that is my lifeline when I have a full plate is Mosiah 4:27.

    HUGS! Glad to hear P is doing good and is able to give you a blessing:)

    ReplyDelete