Thursday, April 4, 2013

anxiety in my dreams makes me feel like i never slept at all

took this "attachment style" quiz online today.

confirmed that i am higher end anxiety and lower end "comfortable opening up to my partner".  i knew this.   so now what?
i am trying to work recovery and seeking my Savior, to try to lower my stress levels and control my anxiety over p. and his addiction.


just last night, i knew he was still awake and couldn't sleep (insomnia was a huge problem for him when he was at his worst..), and i bolted up more than once during my own sleep worrying if he was being tempted or acting out.
goodness!

my own sleep messed up because of anxiety over him!
i asked him in the morning if anything had happened or if he felt tempted.
he said not at all.  he just played a game until he fell asleep.

all my nightmarish anxiety over nothing.
i was thankful to not have freaked out or over exaggerated my anxiety, but the anxious thoughts still come.
im trying to squash them every day.

do the anxious thoughts ever go away???

i bet they can compare to the temptation thoughts that the addicts get.  the thoughts may come, but we extinguish them before they become unmanageable.

hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment