Tuesday, April 30, 2013

actions.

"None of us is perfect.  I know of no one who would profess to be so.  And yet for some reason, despite our own imperfections, we have a tendency to point out those of others.  We make judgments concerning their actions or inactions."   President Monson



i thought about this with p. and i.
i thought about this with friends that i've lost.
i thought about this with the sisters in my ward.

as i came into this calling (rs pres if you missed that post), it was strongly impressed upon my mind that there was a lot of labeling and stereotyping and negative feelings amongst the sisters toward one another. competition.  luckily, i know almost none of them.  and because i don't know any of them, i have zero assumptions about each of them.
i sat in group last week and thought about how each of the sisters there have a serious, deep hurt. some big issues that they face every day.  and most people on the outside have no idea.  each of us have our own imperfections and weaknesses.  we shouldn't strive to be like another girl, for she is imperfect in some ways too!  we should just try to be our best selves.  i thought about how much judging goes on in the world (and in relief society) and how really each of us are just equally imperfect and broken, and in need of our Savior, Jesus Christ.   are we not all beggars?
i learned more about this as i have begun Step 4: Personal Inventory.  I decided last week how i will organize my inventory (ill share that in another post..well not the inventory! but how i set mine up ;] ).  I was planning on picking one of you anonymous readers to be the person i call and read my inventory to. then after group, i felt impressed to tell p. the hardest thing for me to say out loud on my list.  it was something i have never before said out loud, told anyone, or let be in my mind for long throughout my life.  i wanted it erased.  as i told him about it.  i realized how very much, I AM NO higher or lower than him, or anyone else on earth.  We are all equally imperfect.  we both have mistakes and pain.  we both need the atonement of Jesus Christ.  and we both will be healed and happy through His great atonement and POWER.  it was freeing to tell p. my shame and let it go.  it was freeing to share with him that i can partially understand him too.
God is amazing how he molds our lives.

one of my greatest goals is to work on this tendency to judge others, myself.  i know i have to work on it.  to judge less. to just love. to look beyond the pretty face we all put on for the world. to get real. to get to the root.  the real being. to help sisters find their Savior and their self worth.
my goal is to love as many people as possible.


1 comment:

  1. Love this post:) I am working on my inventory as well, using the Healing Through Christ workbook. I am learning not to rush it. To take my time and be prayerful. Not sure who I will share mine with.

    I love what you shared about passing judgement. I, too am working on this weakness. I try to think of everyone in RS with signs around their neck like me that say "Be gentle, I am struggling!"

    This takes away my judgement and gives me the desire to get to know them and be a friend who'll support and uplift them.

    I don't even know you, but I do know you have the "Healers Art." Your compassion for p. Is beautiful and commendable:)

    ReplyDelete