Thursday, April 4, 2013

Surprised

P. confessed a slip today.
Im grateful he was honest and told me on his own. Im grateful he went to work and didnt stay in a depressed isolated state.

I am hurt because im slightly disgusted when i know what he has seen.
I am disappointed, less that he slipped and more that he isnt really doing everything he could be for recovery.
Annoyed that he is still in and out of pride daily.
A little bit frustrated and helpless that i cant tell him what he should be doing for recovery.
And happy that i didnt cry or destroy myself over it.
Im bummed but im ok.

He went his longest bout of sobriety yet! Slightly longer than 2 weeks. There is some progress there.

I love the Lord. I love you for reading. And i love myself. Life is going to be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment